Rex Yuxing Du
Associate Professor - Hurley Professor of Marketing
Rex Yuxing Du received his Ph.D. in Marketing from the Fuqua School of Business, Duke University in 2005. Rex's research has been published in various leading marketing journals, including Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Marketing, Marketing Science, Management Science, and Journal of Consumer Research. In 2003, Rex won the Alden G. Clayton Award for the Marketing Science Institute Dissertation Proposal Competition. In 2005, he won the Best Paper Award for the Direct Marketing Education Foundation Educators' Conference. In 2007, he was a finalist for the Marketing Science Institute/H. Paul Root Award for significant contribution to the advancement of the practice of marketing. In 2009, he received the prestigious nomination as a Marketing Science Institute Young Scholar. In 2011, he won the Best Paper Award for the American Marketing Association's Advanced Research Technique Forum.
- Retail Category Management
- Marketing Metrics and Performance Evaluation
- Household Consumption and Financial Portfolio
- New Product Diffusion and Sales Forecasting
Areas of Expertise
- Empirical Modeling
- Analytical CRM
- Database Marketing
- Hu, Ye, Rex Du, and Sina Damangir, "Decomposing the Impact of Advertising: Augmenting Sales with Online Search Data," Journal of Marketing Research, (forthcoming).
- Eunkyu Lee, Richard Staelin, Weon Yoo, and Rex Du, "A "Meta" Analysis of Multi-Brand, Multi-Outlet Channel Systems," Management Science, (2013).
- Du, Rex and Wagner Kamakura, "Quantitative Trendspotting," Journal of Marketing Research, 49 (4), 514-536, (2012).
- Kamakura, Wagner and Rex Du, "How Economic Contractions and Expansions Affect Expenditure Patterns," Journal of Consumer Research, 39 (2), 229-247, (2012).
- Du, Rex and Wagner Kamakura, "Measuring Contagion in the Diffusion of Consumer Packaged Goods," Journal of Marketing Research, February, 28-47, (2011).
- Du, Rex and Wagner Kamakura, "Where Did All That Money Go? Understanding How Consumers Allocate Their Consumption Budget," 72 (6), 109-131, Journal of Marketing, (2008)
- Du, Rex, Wagner Kamakura, and Carl Mela , "Size and Share of Customer Wallet," Journal of Marketing, 71 (April 2007), 94-113. Finalist, Marketing Science Institute/H. Paul Root Award.
- Du, Rex and Wagner Kamakura, "Household Life Cycles and Lifestyles in the United States," Journal of Marketing Research, 43 (1), 121-132, (2006)
- Moorman, Chris, Rex Du, and Carl Mela, "The Effect of Standardized Information on Firm Survival and Marketing Strategies," Marketing Science, 24 (2), 263-274, (2005)
- Du, Rex, Eunkyu Lee, and Richard Staelin, "Bridge, Focus, Attack, or Stimulate: Retail Category Management Strategies with a Store Brand," Quantitative Marketing and Economics, 3 (4), 393-418, (2005)
- Du, Rex and John Farley, "Research on Technological Innovation as Seen through the Chinese Looking Glass," Journal of Enterprising Culture, 9 (1), 53-89, (2001)
- Clarke, Thomas and Rex Du (1998), "Corporate Governance in China: Explosive Growth and New Patterns of Ownership," Long Range Planning, 31 (2), 239-251.
- Marketing Research (Undergrad)
- Customer Relationship Management (MBA)
Ph.D., Marketing, Duke University
B.Engr., Shanghai Jiaotong University