Rob Austin McKee
PhD Student/Research Assistant
A former nuclear reactor operator and technician, Rob is in his fourth year of doctoral study in the Management department at the C.T. Bauer College of Business at the University of Houston, specializing in Organizational Behavior. Rob is a well-rounded academician, equally comfortable whether conducting research and authoring dense academic prose or dismantling such academic convolution into something more comprehensible to students and the general public. In the former regard, he is first author on a recent article published in the prestigious Journal of Management, as well as a co-author on two other peer-reviewed articles in Leadership Quarterly and Business Horizons. As a principal investigator, he has designed, conducted, and analyzed data for major research studies. Regarding data collection, he is familiar with both traditional and online survey administration. Regarding data analysis, he is familiar with programs such as SPSS, AMOS, and R. Rob won the Department of Management's 2014 award for PhD Research Excellence. In the latter regard, being a professor has proved an amazing experience for Rob and, based on the course evaluations he's received from his students as well as other faculty members, it seems he's found his calling.
- Leadership, Followership, Group Functioning, Self-Other Rating Agreement, Social Loafing, Social Compensation, The Dark Triad (Machiavellianism, Narcissism, and Psychopathy), Research Methodology, Institutional Theory
- McKee, R. A., Miller, C. C. (in press) Institutionalizing Bayesianism within the organizational sciences: A practical guide featuring comments from eminent scholars. Journal of Management.
- Day, D. V., Fleenor, J., Atwater, L. E., Sturm, R. E., & McKee, R. A. (2014). Advances in leader and leadership development: A review of 25 years of research and theory development. Leadership Quarterly, 25(1): 63-82.
- McKee, R. A. Machiavellian followership and influence tactics. Presented at Southern Management Association conference. New Orleans, 2013.
- Gelb, B. D., & McKee, R. A. 2013. Tailoring a book program for managers: Why and how. Business Horizons, 56(1): 97-104.
Academic Associations & Editorial Boards
- Ad-Hoc reviewer for Leadership Quarterly
- Volunteered as reviewer for Academy of Management conference
- No Web Site Currently
- MANA 3335, Introduction to Organizational Behavior
University of Houston, C.T. Bauer College of Business - Ph.D. in Management, expected 2016, 4.0 GPA
University of Houston, C.T. Bauer College of Business - Master of Business Administration, 4.0 GPA
University of Houston - B.A. in Psychology, Summa Cum Laude, 4.0 GPA