I am a PhD candidate in management at the C.T. Bauer College of Business. I am interested in figuring out why some organizational members (e.g., employees, leaders), and collectives (e.g., workgroups, departments) behave in a prosocial and supportive way whereas others behave in an unethical and exploitative way as well as the consequences of such behaviors within the organizations. Research in this area can contribute to creation of supportive and ethical organizational environments in which employees and organizations both thrive. To fulfill this research goal, I am working at the cross-section of organizational support theory and leadership.
- Perceived follower support (a leadership constructs coming out of organizational support theory)
- Supportive and exploitative leadership
- Virtues, values, beliefs, and emotions that lead to prosocial and antisocial behaviors in organizations
- Mesdaghinia, S. & Eisenberger, R. Antecedents and Consequences of Perceived Follower Support. Target: Journal of Applied Psychology, Fall 2013.
- Eisenberger, R., Wang, X., Mesdaghinia, S., Wu, H., & Wickham, R. Perceived Follower Support: Contributions to Supportive Supervision and Workgroup Outcomes. Target: Journal of Applied Psychology, Fall 2012.
- Zheng, D., Gonzalez-Morales, M. G., Eisenberger, E., Kim, K. Y., Mesdaghinia, S., & Farmer, B. Challenge and Hindrance Appraisals: The Influence of Perceived Organizational Support and Organizational Resources, Target: Journal of Applied Psychology, Spring 2013.
- Eisenberger, R., Mesdaghinia, S. & Shore, L. M. Managers' Supportive and Exploitative Treatment of Employees. Target: Academy of Management Review, Spring 2013. Miller, C. C., Cardinal, L. B., Palich. L. E. & Mesdaghinia, S. International Diversification and Performance: A Meta-Analysis. Target: Strategic Management Journal, Spring 2013.
- No Web Site Currently
- Introduction to organizational behavior and management
MBA from The Hague University
Master Degree from Sharif University of Technology
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering from University of Tehran