About Bauer College
C. T. Bauer College of Business - Student Body Profile - Fall 2015 Enrollment
|Gender||Total College||Undergrad||Professional MBA||Full Time MBA||EMBA||MS Finance||MS ACCY||MS Global Energy Management||MS Marketing||MS Supply Chain Management||Ph.D.||Males||52.1%||50.8%||71.4%||65.9%||74.6%||60%||40.6%||77.8%||40%||33.3%||62.3%|
|Ethnicity||Total College||Undergrad||Professional MBA||Full Time MBA||EMBA||MS Finance||MS ACCY||MS Global Energy Management||MS Marketing||MS Supply Chain Management||Ph.D.|
|Total # of Students||6105||4885||350||85||118||50||308||18||5||9||77|
- Diverse: International students at the University of Houston come from more than 130 different countries in the world, making this the most diverse urban university in the nation. International students at Bauer come from 68 countries.
- Intelligent: Bauer business students have an average score of 1209 on the SAT.
- Elite: There are approximately 316 undergraduate business majors in the Honors College.
- Hard-working: One-third of our undergraduate students are fully employed while they attend college.
- Determined: Many of our undergraduates represent the first generation in their family to attend a university.
- Large: The Bauer College of Business is one of the largest AACSB - accredited undergraduate business programs in the country, with more than 4,800 undergraduate students enrolled
Houston MBA Students
- Professional MBA: The mean age at graduation is 31, with an age range of 25-43. (Spring 2016 graduates)
- Full Time MBA: The mean age at graduation is 29, with an age range of 25-43. (Spring 2016 graduates)
- Professional MBA: 52% of Professional MBA are international or ethnic minority (Fall 2015 enrollment)
- Full Time MBA: 59% of Full Time MBA are international or ethnic minority (Fall 2015 enrollment)
- Working Adults: The majority of our Evening Program graduate students are fully employed while they attend college.
- Experienced: Executive MBA students at the University of Houston have on average at least 12 years professional experience in diverse backgrounds of industry and professions. This brings a unique perspective to the classroom because students learn as much from each other as they do their professors.
- High Achieving: The students in the Executive MBA are goal oriented individuals who strive for excellence in both their personal and professional lives. This attribute is essential in successfully graduating from the program, due to its intense courses and time frame.
- Leaders: There are over 2,000 graduates from the University of Houston Executive MBA and many have become influential leaders in their industries and the Houston community.
- Dedicated: Executive MBA students are dedicated to their achieving success at work and class. They must be organized and manage time and responsibilities to excel in the program.
- Successful: Our doctoral students have recently found placement as faculty in prestigious institutions around the world, including University of Arkansas-Little Rock, University of Massachusetts-Lowell, California State University-Long Beach, California State University-Fullerton, San Francisco State University, Eastern Michigan University, Stetson University, University of Texas-Pan American, University of Texas-El Paso, University of St. Thomas (Houston), Texas A&M University-San Antonio, NEOMA Business School (France) and University of Virginia.
- Award Winning: In the last decade, Bauer College doctoral students have won the American Marketing Association (AMA) John Howard Award for best doctoral dissertation (twice), the Academy of Marketing Science Mary Kay Award for best dissertation, the Marketing Science Institute (MSI) Alden Clayton Award for best dissertation proposal, and the AMA Donald Lehmann Award for best dissertation-based article. [more awards]
- Purposeful: Prospective doctoral students have well-articulated scholarly intentions that fit with the research interests of current faculty, and are academically prepared to successfully undertake the quantitative demands of the program.
- Analytical: Ph.D. applicants are admitted on the basis of past academic performance. Applicants usually have demonstrated good quantitative skills.
Join us on campus 7/26 for a conversation on best practices for working families. Lunch will be provided. Learn more.