The Cyvia and Melvyn Wolff Center for Entrepreneurship
Awards & Recognition
The Wolff Center for Entrepreneurship at the C. T. Bauer College of Business was recognized for excellence during the April board meeting of The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. See photos from this event.
Top 25 Undergraduate
Every year, the Princeton Review surveys more than 2,000 schools to rank the top 50 schools with entrepreneurship programs in both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Since 2007, the Wolff Center for Entrepreneurship has been ranked in the top three of the 25 undergraduate schools in the nation.
- 2014 Ranked #2:
- 2013 Ranked #2:
- 2011 Ranked #1:
- 2010 Ranked #1: UH Bauer Entrepreneurship Program is No. 1 in U.S. Again
- 2009 Ranked #2: Entrepreneurship Program Lands Atop National List for Third Year in a Row
- 2008 Ranked #1: UH Bauer Entrepreneurship Program No.1 in U.S.
- 2007 Ranked #2: Bauer College At University of Houston Entrepreneurship Program Lands On Top Of Prestigious National List
2015 Business Plan Competitions
Every year, the Wolff Center for Entrepreneurship has student teams present a business idea for competition. .
|2015 Competition||Host||Team(s)||Placement||Money Won|
|Baylor New Venture Competition||Baylor University||
|TCU Values and Ventures– Elevator Pitch||TCU||
|Tulane Business Model Competition||Tulane University||
|International Business Model Competition at BYU||Brigham Young University||
Previous Years in Business Plan Competitions:
In 2014, several WCE business plan teams brought home a number of accolades and placed #1 in several competitions.
- 2014: 1st place - Baylor New Venture Competition
- 2014: 1st & 4th place - Global Student Business Plan Competition
- 2014: 1st place - Global New Venture Competition
- 2014: 1st & 3rd place - Giants Entrepreneurship Challenge
- 2014: 3rd place - Values & Ventures Business Plan Competition
- 2014: Semi-Finalist - Rice University Business Plan Competition
- 2014: 3rd place - California Dreamin'
- 2014: 1st place - MIT Clean Energy Prize
- 2014: 1st place - First Look West (FLoW)
- 2014: 1st place - National Clean Energy Business Plan Competition
- 2013: 1st place - California Dreamin’ Competition at Chapman University
- 2012: 1st place - Nebraska Innovation Competition at UNL
- 2012: 1st place - Richards Barrentine Values & Ventures Business Plan Competition at TCU
- 2012: 2nd place - California Dreamin’ Competition at Chapman University
- 2012: Top 10 - Venture Challenge t San Diego State University
- 2011: 3rd Place - Value & Ventures Business Plan Competition
- 2011: Best Written Plan - Values & Ventures Business Plan Competition
- 2010: 2nd Place - Evansville New Venture Creation Competition
- 2010: 1st Place - New Venture World Competition at UNL
- 2007: 3rd Place - Northwest Venture Championship
- 2005: 2nd Place - Enterprise Creation Competition
- 2004: 1st Runner-up - Northwest Venture Competition
- 2004: 1st Place - Division 1 Northwest Venture Competition
- 1999: 2nd Place - Donald Duncan/Duncan Aviation Business Plan Competition
- 1998: 2nd Place - Enterprise Creation Competition
- About WCE
- Events & Media
- Apply to WCE
University Classroom & Business Building, Ste. 536
4742 Calhoun Rd.
Houston, TX 77204-6021
C. T. Bauer College of Business
Wolff Center For Entrepreneurship
4750 Calhoun Rd.
Houston, TX 77204-6021
Entrepreneurship Major Academic Advisor:
Melcher Hall, Room 262
Join Our Facebook Group: