Energy Certificates Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a graduate certificate program?
- It is a unique grouping of graduate-level courses designed to provide intensive exposure to topic areas in demand by the current business environment. The certificate program can be taken as part of the MBA or MS Finance programs.
- How many certificates are there & in what areas?
- For Fall 2007, there were 4 certificate programs. For Fall 2008, these are planned:
- Who can I contact to get more information?
- Graduate & Professional Programs Office
- Can I enroll in a certificate program even if I am not enrolled in the MBA program or the University of Houston?
- No. These certificate programs are available to students enrolled in the University in a degree-seeking program, primarily those in the MBA and MS Finance programs. We do not offer a non-credit or audit option for these programs.
- If I am not in the certificate program, can I take one of the courses individually?
- The courses that make up the certificate program are open only to those students enrolled in the entire program and cannot be taken individually.
- Classes making up the Certificates are offered during the regular academic semesters. What is the benefit of adding a certificate program component to an MBA?
- Completion of a certificate program demonstrates mastery of a particular subject area and provides a credential that professionals can use to accelerate their careers. The structure and pricing of the certificate programs gives the Bauer College added flexibility in staffing and scheduling over a conventional program. This results in a world-class educational experience that reflects the demands of both industry and our students.