Certificate in Supply Chain Management
The primary focus of this certificate is to provide students with in-depth knowledge regarding the complexity and challenges of managing Global Supply Chains. Every function of global commerce - marketing, procurement, manufacturing operations, logistics, inventory management, information technology, and customer relations are impacted by supply chain professionals. Students will gain exposure to all of the supply chain elements individually, understand their associated interactions as well as the interactions with the other business functions. They will comprehend the need for balance and for managing trade-offs in the supply chain. They will be better able to identify the key drivers and the associated managerial levers that impact supply chain performance.
The certificate will be of interest to anyone who currently has or seeks a primary or secondary role in supply chain management. This includes those involved in procurement (sourcing/purchasing), operations, logistics, engineering, project and product management, as well as entrepreneurs, consultants and general managers.
The certificate requires students to take three of the following courses, one of which is required:
Global Supply Chain Management (3 credits) (Required)
This course will focus on the key issues associated with the strategic planning and tactical operations of global supply chains. Students will understand the linkage between a firm’s supply chain strategy and business strategy, how to utilize the firm’s resources more effectively, and the impact of coordinating the movement of goods and services through different echelons of supply chains in order to create a competitive advantage in the global marketplace.
To complete the certificate, any two of the following courses can be taken.
- SCM 7377 Project Operations
- SCM 7397 Global Supply Chain Management (3 hrs) (REQUIRED)
- SCM 7A97 Supply Chain Mgmt with ERP (PLUS)
- SCM 7A97 Supply Chain Analytics with ERP
- SCM 7397 Enterprise Operations and Business Intelligence
- SCM 7A97 Global Supply Chain Management (PLUS)
- SCM 7A97 Global Supply Chain Strategy
- SCM 7397 Total Quality Management
- SCM 7397 Operations Strategy and Leadership
- SCM 7397 Lean Enterprise Management
- SCM 7397 Special Projects in Supply Chain
- SCM 7397 Demand Supply Integration
- SCM 7397 Business Process Management
- GENB 7397 Business Modeling for Competitive Advantage
Certificates: You must be a current Bauer graduate (MBA or MS Finance) student to enroll in any of our certificate programs.
- Business Consulting
- Business Modeling &
- Certificate of Accountancy
- Diversity Management Program
- Energy Certificates
- Financial Services Management
- Global Management
- Graduate Leadership
- Human Resource Management
- Real Estate
- Supply Chain Management