Department of Accountancy & Taxation
Certificates Available to CAP Students
Certificate in Accountancy (CAP)
For a list of approved courses for the Certificate in Accountancy, please contact the CAP advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To earn the CAP Certificate, a student must:
- completed 10 CAP 5000-level courses
- earn a minimum letter grade of "C" in each of the 10 CAP courses
- have a minimum accounting and cumulative GPA of 2.0.
Certificates in Oil & Gas (O&G) and Internal Audit (IA)
The O&G and IA courses are not approved to fulfill the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy's (TSBPA) educational requirement of 30 hours of advanced accounting. However, these courses are approved to fulfill the 150 hours of college credit. For information about the CPA eligibility, visit the TSBPA.
To earn the O&G or IA certificate, a student must:
- complete three (3) required courses and one (1) colloquium listed specifically for the certificate. Courses cannot be substituted for the required list.
- earn a passing letter grade for each certificate course.
- have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for the 3 certificate courses.
- have a minimum cumulative and accounting GPA of 2.5.
- earn a letter grade of "S" (satisfactory) for the required colloquium.
O&G Certificate Courses
|ACCT 5380||Oil and Gas Accounting 1|
|ACCT 5381||Oil and Gas Accounting 2|
|ACCT 5382||Oil and Gas Accounting 3|
|O&G Colloquium (Offered fall only)|
IA Certificate Courses
|ACCT 5375||Internal Audit and Entity Control Environment (Offered fall, spring, & summer)|
|ACCT 5378||Control and Security of Financial Information (Offered fall & spring)|
|ACCT 5379||Enterprise Risk Management (Offered fall & spring)|
|IA Colloquium (Offered spring only)|
Request Enrollment in the O&G or IA Colloquium
To request enrollment in one of the colloquiums or to learn more about the colloquium requirements, please contact the CAP advisor at email@example.com.
Request a Certificate
To request a certificate or to learn more about certificates requirements, please contact the CAP advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certificates are processed and usually mailed 4-6 weeks after the final grades are posted to the student's record.
- Master of Science in Accountancy (MSACCY)
- Certificate in Accountancy Program (CAP)
- Corporate Partners
- Departmental News & Events
- Research & Success
- Student Groups
- Why Accounting?
- Contact Us