Department of Accountancy & Taxation
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many hours is the MSACCY Program?
The MSACCY Program is 36 hours and that does not include prerequisite courses.
2. If I am currently a UH main campus student do I need to submit transcripts when I apply?
If the University of Houston main campus already has all of your updated transcripts you do not need to resubmit them when you apply. Additionally, you do not have to submit UH main campus transcripts.
3. Can the GMAT requirement be waived?
All applicants are required to complete the GMAT and this requirement cannot be waived.
Furthermore, an official GMAT score must be on file in order for your application package to be considered complete. Admission decisions will not be made on incomplete application packages.
4. Can the GRE replace the GMAT requirement?
Unfortunately the GRE cannot be substituted for the GMAT requirement.
5. Can the TOEL requirement be waived?
The TOEFL exemption rules are set by the University of Houston’s Office of Admissions and must be followed by the entire university. For more information about TOEFL requirements please view the following website: http://www.uh.edu/admissions/apply/international/admissions-criteria/english-proficiency-toefl/index.php
6. How many years are GMAT and TOEFL/IELTS scores considered valid?
GMAT scores are considered valid if they are under five years old and TOEFL/IELTS scores may not be more than two years old.
7. When are the MSACCY courses offered?
MSACCY courses are offered in the evening and early afternoon.
8. How many courses can I take per semester?
Domestic students can take one course per semester as long as they are continuously enrolled and complete the program in five years.
International students on an F-1 visa will need to take 9hours each semester to be considered a full-time student and meet the F-1 requirements
9. Are the courses offered online?
Accounting courses are only offered in the lecture format. However, there are a few business electives that are offered online or in a hybrid format.
10. How can I schedule an appointment to meet with the MSACCY Admissions Advisor?
To schedule an appointment to meet with the MSACCY Admissions Advisor, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email, please indicate your availability and your myUH (PeopleSoft) ID if applicable.
Appointments are generally held between the hours of 9am-5pm Monday through Friday and evening appointments are available upon request.
- Master of Science in Accountancy (MSACCY)
- Ph.D. Accounting
- Certificate in Accountancy Program (CAP)
- Corporate Partners
- Departmental News & Events
- Research & Success
- Student Groups
- Why Accounting?
- Contact Us