Bauer Accounting Research Symposium
2011 Accounting Symposium
6th Annual Bauer Accounting Research Symposium
- Richard Sloan, University of California at Berkeley, “Detecting Earnings Management: A New Approach*”
- Joe Weber, MIT Sloan Management, “The Influence of Elections on the Accounting Choices of Governmental Entities”
- Frank Gigler, University of Minnesota, “Necessary Qualities of Accounting Information to Provide a Confirmatory Role for Voluntary Disclosures: the Relevance-Reliability Tradeoff”
- Richard Sansing, Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth, “Financial accounting measures of tax reporting aggressiveness”
- Michael Willenborg, University of Connecticut, “How Do Auditors Behave During Periods Of Market Euphoria? The Case OF Internet IPOs”
2010 Accounting Symposium
- Peter Easton, “What Drives Stock Price Movement? Short-term and Long-term Cash Flows and Implied Expected Rates of Return”
- Madhav Rajan, “Dynamics of Rate-of-Return Regulation”
- Peter Wysocki, “The impact of risk, complexity and monitoring on CEO compensation”
- Nahum Melumad, “Advising and Monitoring CEOs: The Dual Role of Boards”
- David Burgstahler, “Earnings Precision and the Relations Between Earnings and Returns”
2009 Accounting Symposium
- Jerry Zimmerman, “Unintended Consequences of Granting Small Firms Exemptions from Securities Regulation: Evidence from the Sarthanes-Oxley Act”
- Chandra Kanodia, “How Frequent Financial Reporting Produces Managerial Myopia”
- Mary Barth, “Earnings Announcement Equity Volatility and Risk Premia: Evidence from Equity Returns and Option Prices”
- Robert Bushman, “Price Discovery and Dissemination of Private Information by Loan Syndicate Participants.”
- Paul Zarowin, “Economic Consequences of Real and Accrual-Based Earnings Management Activities”
2008 Accounting Symposium
- Shyam Sunder, “Value of the Firm: Who gets the Goodies?”
- S.P. Kothari- “The Value of Earnings Comparability”
- Anil Arya, “Friction in Related Party Trade When a Rival is also a Customer”
- Mark DeFond, “Was the Sarbanes-Oxley Act Good News for Corporate Bondholders?”
- Ron Dye, “Valuation Issues Related to Buy in Payments in Cost-Sharing Agreements”
2007 Accounting Symposium
- Daniel W. Collins, “The effect of SOX internal control deficiencies on firm risk and cost of equity”
- Stanley Baiman, “Incentive compensation and the choice of inventory buffer”
- Lynn Rees, “Stock option plans, management earnings guidance, and a firm’s information environment”
- Katherine Schipper, “The applicability of the fraud on the market presumption to analysts’
- Raffi Indjejikian, “Performance evaluation of business unit managers: Theory and empirical evidence”
2006 Accounting Symposium
- Terry Shevlin, University of Washington, "The Information Content of Dividends: Do Dividends Provide Information about Future Earnings?"
- Mark Penno, University of Iowa, "The Assignment of Decision Rights in Formal Information Systems"
- Dana Hollie, University of Houston, "SFAS No. 131: Determinants and Information Content of Segment Reconcilable Differences"
- Jonathan Glover, Carnegie Mellon University, "Robuste Auctions"
- Doug Skinner, University of Chicago, "The Role of Deferred Tax Accounting in the Japanese Banking Crisis"