Department of Accountancy & Taxation
The Bauer Professional Program in Accountancy (PPA)
The following is a recommended checklist for Bauer PPA students during their tenure in the PPA program.
75 to 61 Hours Remaining
- File a Degree Plan for Accounting at File a Degree Plan.
60 to 46 Hours Remaining
- Attend an Accounting Information Session
- Apply to the Bauer PPA at PPA Admission.
- Prepare and register for GMAT, www.mba.com
Prepare for PPA Recruiting
- Request enrollment for and attend your first Bauer PPA Colloquium (section number list in admission letter).
- Continue or obtain membership in a Bauer Accounting Student Organization.
- Attend Career Services Workshops, ER Career Services Center.
- Utilize all available Career Resources.
Apply for Internships
- Submit your resume for Internships online at Job Search Resources.
- Attend all Bauer Career Fairs to meet industry and firm employers.
- Attend the spring PPA Career Mixer.
- Follow through with employers by attending interviews, office visits and writing “thank you” emails or letters.
- Register for the GMAT, MBA.com
45 to 16 Hours Remaining
- Attend an additional colloquium if the requirement is not fulfilled at the end of your junior year, see Colloquium Requirement.
- Register for and complete PPA Internship Course
Final 15 Hours
- Master of Science in Accountancy (MSACCY)
- Ph.D. Accounting
- Certificate in Accountancy Program (CAP)
- Corporate Partners
- Departmental News & Events
- Research & Success
- Student Groups
- Why Accounting?
- Contact Us