Department of Finance
Graduate Certificate in Financial Services Management
The purpose of the program is to serve:
- Houston Financial Community: Local program whose graduates have skills in the focused area of financial services management.
- Students: Program integrating theory and practice that leads to a well-defined graduate credential. Complement to MBA or MS Finance.
Elements of the Program
- Focus is on Finance and related disciplines as they apply to management of financial services
- Core: Finance, Accounting, Economics
- Specialty: Legal, International
- Students work in 4 teams as professional staff of a financial services company throughout the entire experience: Cougar Investment Fund, L.L.C., a private investment company
- Small, select group of students return as “senior managers” and are responsible for leading teams and overall objectives: marketing, asset management, compliance, & reporting.
Individuals employed or who wish to be marketable as
- Securities/Banking/Insurance Managers: Business valuation, risk-management and fund accounting techniques used in Brokerage, Mutual Funds, Trust Management, Commercial Lending, Investment Banking and Insurance
- Corporate Financial Managers: Understanding how financial markets assess the value of management decisions.
Also View FSM Curriculum
- Global Energy Management (GEM)
- Risk Management & Insurance Track
- Faculty Research
- Finance Syllabi
- Latest Department News
- Program for Financial Literacy