James Stinson is a Clinical Assistant Professor and Director of the Professional Program in Accounting. He received his PhD from the University of Houston and currently teaches Internal Auditing for Energy Companies, Accounting Info Systems, and Management Accounting.
Areas of Expertise
- Prepared a cost analysis and implementation proposal for a computer printing management system at the University of Houston main campus savings are expected to be in excess of $700,000 annually
- Developed and taught a comprehensive course on business strategy development for the United States Army
- Developed and taught a topical intermediate accounting review course for First City Bank, Houston, Texas
- "An Experimental Study of the Impact of Budgetary Participation, Budget Emphasis, and Information Asymmetry on Performance," (with Robin R. Radtke), Advances in Management Accounting, Vol. 7 (1999).
- "Cost Allocation: From the Simple to the Sublime," Management Accounting Quarterly.
- 360C MH
- No Web Site Currently
- Internal Auditing for Energy Companies
- Acct 7373: Accounting Info Systems
- Acct 6377: Management Accounting
BSIE - 1971 - Texas Tech University
MBA - 1972 - University of Texas at Austin
MSA - 1986 - University of Houston
Ph.D. - 2000 - University of Houston