Graduate and Professional Programs
Industrial Engineering and MBA
BS Industrial Enginereering/
For more information, contact:
Dr. Gino Lim, Industrial Engineering, firstname.lastname@example.org
Meagan Chang, MBA Program, email@example.com
The BS in Industrial Engineering/MBA offered by the C. T. Bauer College of Business and Cullen College of Engineering is the first joint program of its kind at the University of Houston. The program equips its students with each discipline’s necessary technical knowledge as well as the business acumen to advance quickly within an organization. The five-year program is academically rigorous, rare in the marketplace and will provide students with both management and technical skills.
Program Requirements & Admissions
Interested students should apply to and gain admission to this joint program after the completion of key first-semester sophomore year courses in Engineering. Most students will apply and be admitted into the program during their junior year. Admission to the MBA program will be conditional on successful completion of the Engineering curriculum, maintaining a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better, and meeting the following requirements.
Applicants should take all standardized tests required by both Bauer College and Cullen College prior to entering the program, including but not limited to the GMAT, which should be completed with a score of 600 or better before the end of the senior year. Students who do not speak English as a first language must demonstrate appropriate English communication skills to the satisfaction of Bauer College before beginning senior year.
Deadline to apply is March 1 (during junior year).
Applicants Will Be Chosen on the Basis of:
- Standardized test scores
- Academic performance in courses at UH; a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is currently being proposed as the threshold
- Demonstrated potential for success in both programs
- Personal interview with faculty/administrators from both colleges
- Once admitted, students will first pursue a BS in the Industrial Engineering Program.
- Students will participate in three internships while pursuing the engineering program which will take place in the summers after the sophomore, junior, and senior years.
- Upon satisfactory completion of the Engineering curriculum, students will enter immediately into Bauer College’s Full-Time MBA Program.
Time to Completion
Applicants should be able to complete requirements for both degrees in as little as five years after enrolling at UH, earning an MBA 12 months after starting this joint program. (It takes 22 months to earn an MBA in our regular full-time program.)
Sample Degree Plan
Tuitions and fees are set individually by each college.
- Full-Time MBA
- Professional MBA
- Executive MBA
- MS Specialized Programs
- Joint Degrees
- Energy MBA
- Bauer GMAT Prep
- Current Students
- Information Sessions
- Contact Us