Department of Graduate and Professional Programs
Master of Science in Finance
MS - Finance Admissions
Admission eligibility for the Master of Science in Finance program requires a four-year undergraduate degree (or foreign equivalent) from an accredited institution. The undergraduate degree may be in any discipline.
How To Apply
|Semester||Domestic Applicant||International Applicant*|
|Fall Session||June 1||April 1|
* Those applicants who are classified as international by the UH Graduate Admissions Office, which includes applicants currently holding any type of visa and those needing student visa.
A Complete Application should include items, 1 through 8:
- Application for Graduate Studies
- Online application - please visit the Graduate School admissions link to complete your CollegeNet application. https://www.applyweb.com/uhouston/index.ftl
- Transcripts – copies of official transcripts uploaded into CollegeNet
- Domestic transcripts – official, sealed transcript from all higher education institutions attended will be required.
- International Transcripts – one original transcript and degree certificate in the original language and the other must be an official English Translation of the transcript. Once submitted, Office of International Admissions will evaluate them.
- Test Scores
-Official test scores will need to be submitted to UH – Main campus
-Official GMAT or GRE scores, less than 5 years old sent to our ETS school code
- GMAT: MS-FIN program: XT1-26-15
- GRE: MS-FIN program: 6870
-We will accept GRE scores only if it has already been taken within the last 5 years for another graduate program. If they were taken more than five years ago, the applicant must take the GMAT to be considered for admission.
International applicants must submit a test of English language proficiency unless they have earned a high school diploma or bachelor’s degree or a higher from a college or university in the US. One of the following tests may be submitted to meet this requirement. Please note that scores over two years will not be accepted.
- Official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score above 603 on the paper-based test or 100 on the internet-based test. The University code for TOEFL scores is 6870. For more information please visit,www.toefl.org
- Official IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score above 6.5. For more information please visit, www.ielts.org
- Official PTE Academic (Pearson Test of English Academic) minimum of 70. For more information please visit,www.pearsonpte.com
- A Non-refundable Bauer College Application Fee
- A $75 Bauer College of Business application fee is required of all applicants. The fee can be submitted when completing the CollegeNet Application online. Only applicants whose fees have been paid will be reviewed.
- Non-Refundable $75 Application fee for International Students:
International students must pay a $75 processing fee to International Admissions, in addition to the Bauer College application fee of $75, for a total fee of $150. The fee can be submitted when completing the CollegeNet Application online. Only applicants whose fees have been paid will be reviewed.
- Goal Statement
- Letter of Recommendation – Once you fill in the required information in CollegeNet, your recommender will receive an email to complete the recommendation.
- Transcripts – copies of official transcripts
The following items will need to be uploaded into your CollegeNet application.
For more information please visit: http://www.uh.edu/admissions/apply/international/steps-applying/intl-graduate/
The following documents must be submitted as part of the application through CollegeNet:
In Addition to Steps 1-8, International Applicants Need to Submit:
- I-20 Transfer Form (Only if applicant has an I-20 from another institution)
- International Address Form
- Letter of Financial Backing
- Two (2) Passport photos
- Copy of Passport
NOTE: International students must have a four-year degree from an accredited university to apply for the Master of Science in Finance. Three-year degrees are not considered equivalent. There is no bridge program at UH. Students with a three–year degree will likely need to combine it with a completed master's degree from their home country before applying.
- MBA & MS Specialized Programs
- Joint Degrees
- Current Students
- Information Sessions & Events
- Contact Us
As a Bauer MBA student, you will have access to a wide array of developmental, job search, networking and recruitment opportunities— coupled with career guidance from experienced and well-respected career specialists.
The Rockwell Career Center has an entire team of specialists who work exclusively with Bauer MBA students for professional development services.