IPAA Leadership Training Program
IPAA Leadership Training Program:
Executive Leadership Program for Energy Professionals
October 20-25, 2013
University of Houston campus
About the Program
Join us October 20-25, 2013, for a certificate program from the Independent Petroleum Association of America (IPAA) and the C. T. Bauer College of Business Global Energy Management Institute (GEMI) at the University of Houston, aimed to equip tomorrow's IPAA leaders with the critical business tools needed for success.
The intensive five-day course will give you an understanding of the economics and global nature of the energy industry, the valuation and financing issues relevant to the industry, and a framework for strategic planning.
Upon completion of the program, you will be awarded a Certificate in Energy Management. By offering this service to its members and potential new members, IPAA is furthering its goals of promoting education, setting professional standards, and developing energy leaders for the future.
Who Should Attend
- Business professionals with the potential for expanded roles who need a broader base of knowledge about the industry
- Managers with new roles within the company
- Individuals within the energy industry seeking to connect with oil and gas companies
- Family members in small to midsize oil and gas companies who will continue with the family business
- History & "The Future"
- The BRIC Countries: Russia & Africa
- U.S. Economy
Fossil Fuel: The Opportunity Set
- Shale, LNG, Deepwater; Oil Sands; Arctic
Key Energy Metrics
- Energy Accouting & Valuation
Human Capital Elements
- People Needs
- Skills Required/Training & Development
- Global Experience
- Succession Planning
- Diversity Issues
Public Policy & Perceptions
- Environment, Global Warming, Water Management, Energy Security, etc.
- Creating Shareholder Value
- Value & Risk
- IPAA members: $4,500
- Non-IPAA members: $5,000*
Fee includes materials, breakfasts, lunches, and one group dinner.
*Includes one year membership in IPAA
For more information, please contact Ramona Taylor at
713-743-4705, or email at email@example.com.
Lodging is available at the Hilton University of Houston. A block of rooms has been set aside for students in the program. For reservations, visit www.hilton.com or call 866-327-1161.
Hotel Check-in time is 4 p.m. Check-out time is noon. Hilton University of Houston parking garage charges are $15.00 per vehicle. For driving directions click here.
- Sunday evening reception 5:30 p.m.
- Classes: Monday-Thursday (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.) and
Friday (8 a.m. to 12 noon)
A full schedule for the program will be posted here as the information becomes available.
All aspects of the program, including fees, times, courses offered, and instructors are subject to change without notice.
Registrants may pay with a credit card online or mail a check to the following address:University of Houston
102 C.N. Hilton Hotel & College
Houston, TX 77204-3027
Download the IPAA Executive Leadership Program for Energy Professionals pamphlet.