Paula J. Alexander
Olson & Olson, LLP
- Doctor of Jurisprudence
- University of Houston Law Center, 1977
- Bachelor of Arts (Social Science)
- University of Houston, magna cum laude, 1974
Professional Legal Experience
Olson & Olson, LLP • Houston, Texas • 2011 – present • Of Counsel
Metropolitan Transit Authority (METRO) • Houston, Texas • 1984 – 2010 • Associate Staff Counsel • General Counsel • Vice President and Director of Corporate Development
Houston City Attorney’s Office • Houston, Texas • 1976 – 1984 Senior Assistant City Attorney
- More than 30 years of experience representing governmental entities in nearly every aspect of public law, including labor and employment; contracts; real estate acquisitions; administrative law; Texas Public Information Act; Open Meetings Act; State ethics compliance for public officials; constitutional law; and ensuring compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Fully versed in federal regulatory compliance issues and has worked in conjunction with the Federal Transit Administration throughout her career, focusing on initiatives and programs to support research, coordination, and development of public transportation.
- Familiar with Buy America, 13(c) regulations that involved operations and management of transit systems, and grant programs.