In order to track and manage projects, the Office of Communication asks that you use the following guidelines to submit project requests.
- Web - Click here to submit a web development request using the Bauer Help Desk. Web development requests include changes or updates to existing pages as well as creation of new pages. Once your request is submitted, it will be assigned to an Office of Communication web developer, who will contact you with any questions and update your request through the Bauer Help Desk.
- E-communications - The web development team in the Office of Communication creates and manages e-communications for the college. E-communications include messages intended for an audience of 100 or more people (alumni, donors, friends, students). The process follows the university's e-communications policies and requires you to submit a request using the Bauer Help Desk. Please be specific in your request and include the intended distribution, content and launch date. When scheduling your email launch, we will keep your target date in mind, but be aware that we must coordinate with the university offices involved in e-communications as well.
- Graphic Design - Requests include creation of materials (such as fliers, invitations, brochures, pamphlets, etc.), existing material delivery (if supplies are available), and logo approval. Click here for the Design Request Form, which can be sent to Jessica Navarro, director of communication, and Marsha Van Horn, senior graphic designer. Include as much information as possible, including format of the piece, what content exists and what content needs to be created, delivery date, etc. Note that requests should be made as far in advance of your delivery date as possible. Last-minute requests may be denied based on project load, along with the time needed for proofing, official approval and/or printing and mailing.
- Photography – Requests include formal headshot/portraits to be used for college communication pieces (web, print, video) as well as event photography. The Office of Communication photographer can be booked to shoot events by contacting Jessica Navarro, director of communication. Photography should be considered at the outset of event planning. We require at least two weeks’ notice prior to an event to schedule photography and may not be able to accommodate last-minute requests. Click here for more information on how to access images from the Office of Communication archive of photos that covers 2007 to present.
- Videography - Requests include event capture as well as promotional video creation. The complex nature of video creation requires as much pre-planning as possible before a shoot. Because of this, we require an in-person meeting to discuss a video shoot before an event and request at least two months’ notice to book the Office of Communication videographer to film an event. Contact Jessica Navarro, director of communication, to set up a time to meet. The turnaround time for a completed video project will be discussed during the planning meeting and will depend on the scope of the project and videographer workload.
- Editorial/Media outreach – In addition to visually capturing events and stories, the Office of Communications offers editorial coverage through its team of writers. The content created can be showcased in a number of ways, including online at bauerticker.uh.edu and in Office of Communications print pieces. The Office of Communications also handles media outreach — if you have a story that warrants press coverage, contact Jessica Navarro, director of communication, to determine the best strategy.
- Social media - The Office of Communications administers official social media accounts for the college on Facebook (profile | page), Twitter (@UHBauerCollege) and YouTube (channel – UHBauerCollege). We encourage users within the college to send information to Jessica Navarro, director of communication, and Amanda Sebesta, communications coordinator, via email to share on these established, official pages, rather than creating separate accounts for a particular department/center/office/organization. Our accounts have an established history with users of frequent and relevant updates, along with large numbers of followers and members, and our office has the capacity to keep these accounts current and robust.
- Digital signage - The Office of Communications maintains content on video monitors throughout Melcher and Cemo halls and works with the Bauer Division of Technology to keep digital signage up-to-date in both buildings. If you would like to use the video screens to promote a Bauer College event or initiative, contact Jessica Navarro, director of communication, and Amanda Sebesta, communication assistant, via email with your request, including as much information as possible, including the time/date/location of the event and when you would like the slide to run. The Office of Communication will create a slide for you to review before posting. If you are submitting an existing slide, note that it should be a 72 dpi resolution and in a 16x9 .PNG format in order to fit on the screens. Also, changes may be made to submitted slides to correspond with brand and graphic standards. Requests should be made as far in advance of the event or deadline you want to promote in order to allow the Office of Communication to schedule your slide into the digital signage rotation.