Hwan Woo Lee
Hwanwoo "Howard" Lee is a doctoral student in Management at the University of Houston, C. T. Bauer College of Business.
Hwanwoo earned a bachelor's in Sociology at Sogang University in Seoul, Korea and his Master of Arts in Human Resources and Industrial Relations (HRIR) at the University of Minnesota's Carlson School of Management.
Prior to pursuing doctoral studies, he worked as a compensation/benefits staff with an insurance company and as an HR consultant for a global HR consulting firm.
His primary research interests pertain to human resource management (HRM) issues such as staffing, compensation, performance management and strategic HRM.
- Lee, Hwanwoo & Elkins, Teri. 2012. Sympathy and Anger: The Role of Attributions in Emotional Responses to Abusive Supervision. To be presented at Academy of Management Conference, Boston, MA.
- Rude, Dale & Lee, Hwanwoo. 2012. The Role of Human Resources in Retirement Systems: A New Area for Research. To be presented at Academy of Management Conference, Boston, MA.
- Maldonado, Tiffany, Krylova, Ksenia & Lee, Hwanwoo. 2012. How Flexible Should Flexible Benefits Be? To be presented at Academy of Management Conference, Boston, MA.
- Rude, Dale & Lee, Hwanwoo. 2011. The Diffusion of Behavioral Finance Innovations within Organizations: The Role of Human Resource (HR) Departments. Paper presented at the 32nd Annual Conference of the Society for Judgment and Decision Making, Seattle, WA.
- Lee, Hwanwoo. 2012. Strategic HRM: Building the Bridge between HR and Business Strategies. Paper presented at Academy of Management Conference. San Antonio, TX.
- Rude, Dale & Lee, Hwanwoo. 2012. The Missing Link in Retirement Planning Research: The Human Resources (HR) Department. Paper presented at Boulder Summer Conference on Consumer Financial Decision Making. Boulder, CO.
- Lee, Hwanwoo. 2011. Discussant on Ethics and the Psychological Contract in the Workplace. At Southwest Academy of Management Conference. Houston, TX.
Professional Activities and Affiliations
- Academy of Management (AOM)
- No Web Site Currently
M.A. in Human Resources and Industrial Relations,
University of Minnesota
B.A. in Sociology, Sogang University, Korea