Pooya Tabesh is a doctoral candidate in Strategic Management at the Bauer College of Business, University of Houston. His main research interests include strategic decision making processes, behavioral decision theory, and decision support systems. Prior to joining the Ph.D. program at Bauer, Pooya completed his M.S. in Industrial Engineering at the University of Houston. His Master's Thesis was in the area of decision support models for heart failure prediction.
- Yaraghi, N., Tabesh, P., Guan, P., Zhuang, J., "Comparison of Analytical Hierarchy Process (AHP) and Monte Carlo AHP under Different Levels of Uncertainty", Forthcoming, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management. doi: 10.1109/TEM.2014.2360082
Conference Presentations and Proceedings
- Tabesh, P., Miller, C. (2013). Paradoxes of Rational Choice in Strategic Decision Making Processes. At Strategic Management Society (SMS) Conference, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Tabesh, Pooya, and Tabesh, Parnian. "General Risk Propensity, General Risk Perception, and the Framing Effect in Medical Decision Making." Academy of Management Proceedings. Vol. 2013. No. 1. Academy of Management, 2013.
- Tabesh, P., Lim, G., Khator, S., Dacso, C., "A Support Vector Machine Approach for Predicting Heart Conditions", IIE Annual Conference Proceedings. Institute of Industrial Engineers, Inc. (IIE), 2010.
- Tabesh, P., Hajbagheri, M., "Cultural Factors Affecting an Organizational Assessment", National Business Excellence Conference Proceedings, 2007.
- Strategic Decision Making Processes
- Behavioral Decision Making
- National Culture and Consequences
- Decision Support systems and Multi-Criteria Decision Making Tools
Academic Associations & Editorial Boards
Membership in professional Institutions:
- Academy of Management Association
- Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
- Alpha Pi Mu: Industrial Engineering Honor Society
- No Web Site Currently
- Principles of Management
Industrial Engineering, University of Houston, 2009
Industrial Engineering, Isfahan University of Technology, 2007