Dr. Muslu is an Associate Professor of Accounting. Dr. Muslu has broad research interests in corporate disclosures, financial intermediaries, and corporate governance. His research has been published in leading accounting and finance journals. Dr. Muslu, who joined Bauer in 2012, has taught various financial accounting courses, recently Intermediate Financial Accounting. Dr. Muslu holds a Ph.D. from Sloan School of Management at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- "Credit Rating Agency and Equity Analysts' Adjustments to GAAP Earnings" with G. Batta. Contemporary Accounting Research. (Accepted).
- "Forward-looking MD&A Disclosures and the Information Environment" with S. Radhakrishnan, K.R. Subramanyam, and D. Lim. Management Science 61: 931-948. (2015).
- "Sell-side Analyst Research and Stock Comovement" with M. Rebello and Y. Xu. Journal of Accounting Research 52: 911-954. (2014).
- "Analysts' Momentum Recommendations" with Y. Xue. Journal of Business, Finance, and Accounting 40: 438-469. (2013).
- "Textual Risk Disclosures and Investors' Risk Perceptions" with T. Kravet. Review of Accounting Studies 18: 1088-1122. (2013).
- "Shareholder Activism and CEO Pay" with Y. Ertimur and F. Ferri. Review of Financial Studies 24: 535-592. (2011).
- "Why are Recommendations Optimistic? Evidence from Analysts' Coverage Initiations" with Y. Ertimur and F. Zhang. Review of Accounting Studies 16: 679-718. (2011).
- "Book Review: The Timing of Income Recognition in Tax Law and the Time Value of Money". European Accounting Review 20: 595-598. (2011).
- "Market Demand for Conservative Analysts" with A. Hugon. Journal of Accounting and Economics 50: 42-57. (2010).
- "Executive Directors, Pay Disclosures and Incentive Compensation in Large European Companies". Journal of Accounting, Auditing, and Finance 25: 569-605. (2010).
Academic Associations & Editorial BoardsAmerican Accounting Association European Accounting Association American Finance Association
Ph.D. in Accounting and Control
Sloan School of Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2005.