Associate Professor - Robinson Fellow
Click here to visit website.
Ye Hu is Associate Professor of Marketing in the C. T. Bauer College of Business, University of Houston. He holds a Ph.D. in Marketing from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and a B.E. in Economics, B.Sc. in Automotive Engineering from Tsinghua University.
Dr. Hu's recent research focuses on leveraging Internet search data to study how consumers respond to marketing mix dynamically. He was the finalist for the Paul E. Green Award of Journal of Marketing Research in 2005. His paper was awarded the Journal of Advertising Research best paper in 2007. His paper received the American Marketing Association Advanced Research Techniques Forum best paper award in 2014. His papers have appeared in Journal of Marketing Research, Marketing Letters, Journal of Advertising Research, Journal of Retailing, Journal of Marketing, Journal of Interactive Marketing, and Management Science.
- Internet Marketing Analytics
- Conjoint Analysis
Areas of Expertise
- Empirical models in marketing
- Applied Bayesian statistics
- Automotive industry
- Du, Rex Yuxing, Ye Hu, and Sina Damangir (2015), "Leveraging Trends in Online Searches for Product Features in Market Response Modeling," Journal of Marketing, Forthcoming.
(Best Paper at the American Marketing Association Advanced Research Techniques Forum 2014)
- Hu, Ye, Rex Yuxing Du, and Sina Damangir (2014), "Decomposing the Impact of Advertising: Augmenting Sales with Online Search Data," Journal of Marketing Research, 51 (3) 300-319.
- Oh, Yun Kyung, Ye Hu, Xin Wang, William T. Robinson (2013), "How Do External Reference Prices Influence Online Gift Giving?" International Journal of Electronic Marketing and Retailing, 5 (4), 359-371.
- Ren, Charlotte R., Ye Hu, Yu Jeffrey Hu and Jerry Hausman (2011), "Managing Product Variety and Collocation in a Competitive Environment: An Empirical Investigation of Consumer Electronics Retailing," Management Science, 57 (6), 1009-1024.
- Hu, Ye, and Xinxin Li (2011), "Context-Dependent Product Evaluations: An Empirical Analysis of Internet Book Reviews," Journal of Interactive Marketing, 25 (3), 123-133.
- Lam, Son K., Michael Ahearne, Ye Hu, and Niels Schillewaert (2010), "Resistance to Brand Switching When a Radically New Brand Is Introduced: A Social Identity Theory Perspective," Journal of Marketing, 74 (6), 128-146.
- Hu, Ye and Xin Wang (2010), "Country-of-Origin Premiums for Retailers in International Trades: Evidence from eBay's International Markets," Journal of Retailing, 86 (2), 200-207.
- Wang, Xin and Ye Hu (2009), "The Effect of Experience on Internet Auction Bidding Dynamics," Marketing Letters, 20 (3), 245-261.
- Hu, Ye, Lenonard M. Lodish, Abba Krieger, and Babak Hayati (2009), "An Update of Real-World TV Advertising Tests," Journal of Advertising Research, 49 (2), 29-34.
- Hu, Ye, Leonard M. Lodish, and Abba Krieger (2007), "A Meta-Analysis of Real World TV Advertising Tests: A 15-Year Update," Journal of Advertising Research, 47(3), 341-353.
(Journal of Advertising Research Best Paper of 2007)
- Bradlow, Eric, Ye Hu, and Teck Ho (2004b), "Modeling Behavioral Regularities of Consumer Learning in Conjoint Analysis," Journal of Marketing Research, 41 (4), 392-396.
- Bradlow, Eric, Ye Hu, and Teck Ho (2004a), "A Learning-Based Model for Imputing Missing Levels in Partial Conjoint Profiles," Journal of Marketing Research, 41 (4), 369-381.
(Finalist for the Paul E. Green Award 2005)
Academic Associations & Editorial Boards
- Member, American Marketing Association, INFORMS Marketing Science Society
- Editorial Board, Customer Needs and Solutions
- MARK 4368: Pricing
- BZAN 6310: Quantitative Analysis for Business
Ph.D., Marketing & M.A., Statistics, The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
B.E., Economics & B.Sc., Automotive Engineering, Tsinghua University