Dean's Office Printing Center Procedures
For questions about printing
center procedures, please contact:
Front Desk Supervisor
Bauer Faculty, Staff and PhD students may now utilize the Dean’s Office Printing Center for their printing needs. The printing center can provide printing of syllabi, exams, class notes and other general printing/copying jobs.
Policies & Procedures:
- A Service Request Form must be submitted for each job.
- Only requests of 500 pages or less copies total (front and back) can be accommodated by the Dean's Office. Requests larger than 500 pages should be processed through your local departmental copy machine, UH Printing and Postal or University Copy Center.
- You may submit your request via e-mail to email@example.com or in person to the front desk in suite 350 Melcher Hall.
- Please complete the Service Request Form in its entirety with as much detail as possible. The name listed on the form should be the name of the requestor whom we can contact with any questions regarding the request.
- Printing jobs will be processed in order of receipt. Please submit requests no less than 24 hours prior to requested completion date. If you are submitting a larger job, or during times of heavy demand (mid-terms, finals) please provide at least 72 hours for completion.
- Standard paper weights and sizes are available, and color paper requests will be honored if the requester provides the paper. If your request requires a custom paper size, weight or color this may delay the turnaround time for your job and may require the department to provide the paper type being requested. Please indicate in the “Additional Details” section of the Service Request Form details specific to your request.
- Upon completion of a job, you will be notified via email that your order is ready. You may pick-up your order in the Dean’s Office, Suite 350 Melcher Hall, M-F 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Completed jobs will be signed for at the time of pick-up and only authorized personnel will be allowed to pick up materials.
- All materials must be print-ready. Your job will be printed as submitted, therefore please be sure your pages are in the correct order when submitting.
- The Dean’s Office Printing Center cannot make copies from bound books. If you are requesting copies from a book or other bound original you will need produce a copy and submit it as your original.
- Please avoid submitting materials that contain large black borders or backgrounds as this may cause paper jams and delay your order.
- If your request is beyond the scope of the Dean’s Office Printing Center you can utilize the University Copy Center at the Welcome Center, or UH Printing.
If you have questions, please contact Lisa Tillman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-743-4612.
- Staff Development Circle
- Hiring Checklist
- General Administrative Issues
- Business Continuity Plan
- Room Reservation Procedures
- Printing Center Procedures
- Links & Resources