BBA in Finance
Our objective is to design courses and programs to provide students with the knowledge, technical skills, and market relevance to allow our students to succeed in the lucrative but challenging world of finance. We offer excellent and innovative programs.
The standard Finance Track offers studies in the theory and application of activities related to the financing and investment decisions of individuals, corporations and non-profit entities. This includes the analysis of risk, investment cost and benefits, and securities management, as well as the study of financial institutions and their operations. Emphasis is given to understanding decision processes and financial markets and developing optimal decisions.
Students can also choose from three tracks, beyond the standard track, depending on their interest in Finance. Each track offers unique classes and specific requirements.
- Global Energy Management (GEM)
- Risk Management & Insurance (RMI)
- Financial Planning track and minor
- Commercial Banking Certificate
There is also a more comprehensive Global Energy Management Professional Program offered.
For Finance related internships and career positions, visit the UH Bauer College Rockwell Career Center.
The Finance major consists of core classes, pre-business classes, required upper lever business courses, and specific Finance coursework. Please see the general degree plan linked to above in the gray link box for more detailed information on courses.
- We encourage current students to meet with an academic advisor to select courses, get support, and stay on track.
- Students selecting Finance as a major must declare by filing a degree plan. After completing pre-business classes and meeting all other requirements, students should fill out this online form to declare a Finance major. **Please review the links for degree plans, requirements, and prerequisite information.
- Pre-business Advisor
- Finance Advisor (must be declared)
- 2012 Degree Plan
- 2013 Degree Plan
- 2014 Degree Plan
- Declare Finance Major
- Finance Course Descriptions & Prerequisites
- Business Majors
- Bauer Honors
- Business Minors
- Bauer in D.C. Internship
- Success Programs
Incoming Freshmen and Transfer Students
Join us for the New Student Connection events.
Questions about ELASP:
Whitney Thompson, M.Ed.
Retention Program Manager