BBA in Marketing
Other Career Opportunities
Other marketing career opportunities include the following:
- Product (or brand) management. The position of product manager or brand manager is usually found in large companies that market a variety of consumer products. The product manager has marketing responsibility for a particular product or group of products, and makes decisions about competitive positioning, product packaging, product modifications, new product development, pricing, distribution, advertising and promotions.
- Marketing consulting. Marketing consultants are hired by companies to evaluate marketing programs and recommend improvements. Consulting can be done by large firms that provide a wide variety to services, by smaller firms that provide a variety of services, by smaller firms that specialize in a particular aspect of marketing such as branding or pricing, and even by individual consultants.
In general, an MBA is necessary to be considered for positions in product management or marketing consulting. If you have an interest in these careers:
- Follow the course recommendations for the marketing communications interest area or the market research and analysis interest area
- Develop your analytic skills, because these positions put a premium on analysis
- Plan to take an MBA at a school that has a good record of placing people in these types of positions.
Overview of Marketing Interest Areas
|MARK 3336||Elements of Marketing||R||R||R|
|MARK 3337||Professional Selling||R||R||R|
|MARK 3339||Marketing Strategy||R||R||R|
|MARK 4338||Marketing Research||SS||SS|
|MARK 4339||Database Marketing||S||S||SS||S|
|MARK 4362||Applied Buyer Behavior||S||S||SS|
|MARK 4363||International Marketing||S|
|MARK 4364||Retailing Management||SS|
|MARK 4365||Electronic Commerce||S||S|
|MARK 4366||Business to Business Marketing||S||S|
|MARK 4367||Advertising and Promotion Management||S||SS|
|MARK 4372||Services Marketing||S||S||S|
|MARK 4373||Advanced Professiona Selling||R|
|MARK 4374||Sales Force Management||R|
|MARK 4375||Key Account Selling||(R)|
|MARK 4376||Sales Force Automation||R|
|MARK 4179||Sales Practicum||R|
|MARK 4390||Marketing for Non-Profit Organizations||S|
|HRMA 4397||Revenue Management||S|
|GENB 4396||Business Internship||SS||SS||SS|
- Business Majors
- Bauer Honors
- Business Minors
- Bauer in D.C. Internship
- Success Programs
Incoming Freshmen and Transfer Students
Join us for the New Student Connection events.
Questions about ELASP:
Whitney Thompson, M.Ed.
Retention Program Manager