- Our College
- Succeeding Your First Semester From a Student's Perspective
- Academic Honesty
- Campus Map
- Get Help
- Get Involved
Undergraduate Business Programs
School Supplies for Success
- Planner or Calendar
- With all of the courses you are taking, you need a way to stay organized. Having a planner or calendar is a great way for you to list out important dates or deadlines for assignments. This way, you will be able to see what is coming up and plan for how to prepare for it.
- Computer, Laptop, or tablet
- Most classes will require a great deal of work to be done on a computer. Having a laptop or tablet to bring to class or have in your home or dorm room will be very convenient when it comes to completing assignments or taking notes. If you do not have access to a computer at home, the UH Library has plenty of computers available for students to use as long as they long in with their Cougarnet ID and password.
- Notebooks and Paper
- If you prepare to write notes instead of typing them up, make sure that you carry a notebook and paper so that you are prepared to take notes at any time.
- Folders and Binders
- Folders and binders will help you keep all of your class materials organized. If you took notes on paper, you can store them in a folder or binder designated for each course. You can also store any worksheets or in-class activities in there as well.
- Pencils, Pens, and Highlighters
- Whether you take notes on your computer or on paper, everyone needs to have a set of pencils, pens, and highlighters. These will be helpful when reading before or after class, taking a test, or in any instance that you cannot take notes on your laptop.
- Certain classes may require you to use a calculator or you just might find that having one is very convenient.
- Tape, Stapler, and Paper Clips
- With all of the paper you will come in contact with, you will never know when you might need to keep some things together or staple together that essay before turning it in.
- These are essential for studying to help you get in the zone or just cancel out any excess noises or distractions. These can be handy for the library, your dorm, at your house, or as theme music while you navigate campus.
- Backpack or Bag
- Lastly, you need a backpack or some bag or your choice to store all of your essentials. Whichever route you choose, make sure it is something large enough to hold what you need, but not too heavy that you cannot travel with it across campus. Pro Tip: for those long days, make sure you can fit in water and a snack to keep you energized.