Department of Accountancy & Taxation
The Certificate in Accountancy Program (CAP)
Every business needs an accountant. The University of Houston’s CAP program can lead to a career with staying power.
CAP Class Offerings
All Summer 2021 courses will have remote class meeting options. The Fall 2021 term will have a combination of both in-person and limited remote options. View our latest COVID-19 updates here.
Do you have a passion for numbers? Are you organized and detail-oriented and possess a high degree of integrity? Do you want a job that offers stimulating and challenging work that is constantly evolving?
Accounting may be the answer for you.
The Certificate in Accountancy Program (CAP) is a non-degree seeking, post baccalaureate program. CAP is flexible, offering courses in the evening and occasionally on Saturdays to accommodate the working student. Equally, CAP offers a variety of courses to help you meet your educational and career goals by:
- Fulfilling the accounting educational requirements necessary to sit for the Uniform CPA Exam in the state of Texas
- Fulfilling the accounting prerequisite coursework required for the Master of Science in Accountancy Program at the University of Houston
- Learning the data analytics skills employers are looking for
- Offering personal enrichment to students changing their careers to accounting
While completing the needed courses, students have an opportunity to earn one or more of the available certificates in Accounting, Oil and Gas Accounting or Internal Audit. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Master of Science in Accountancy (MSACCY)
- Certificate in Accountancy Program (CAP)
- Mission & Learning Goals
- Corporate Partners
- Student Life
- Internships & Careers