Visiting Students

Students from other colleges and universities who temporarily take courses at the University of Houston with the intention of transferring back to their home institution are called visiting students.

Who may enroll?

Visiting students who plan to enroll in undergraduate business courses may self-report that they meet the course prerequisites, and are encouraged to check with their academic advisor at their home school on transferability to meet their degree requirements if that is purpose for taking the course at UH. We have made the admission and enrollment process simple with three easy steps. If you have any questions or difficulties, please let us know at

Step 1: Admission to UH

Apply as a visiting student using the Transient (visiting) application at Pay the non-refundable $75 application fee ($90 for international students).

Step 2: Send us your official or unofficial transcript

Have your most recent official or unofficial transcript sent to the Office of Admissions electronically or mail to 4434 University Drive, Houston, TX 77204.

Step 3: Enrollment in Courses

Once admitted, select the classes for which you want to enroll. If it is a business course that requires a prerequisite you have taken or are currently enrolled in at your home institution, you may fill out the online form to let us know that you are visiting and what prerequisites you meet so that does not hinder your enrollment. If the course prerequisite you need is not listed on this online form, please email us at for registration assistance. Visiting students requesting enrollment in undergraduate accounting courses other than ACCT 2301 and ACCT 2302 will be enrolled in 5000-level accounting courses offered as part of the Certificate of Accountancy Program (CAP), which involves additional course fees. For assistance with accounting courses, contact the Accounting Programs Office at:

Once admitted as a visiting student, no application is necessary for enrollment in future terms. Enrollment as a degree-seeking student requires a visiting student to complete the Degree Seeking Status Change Request Form, meet transfer admission requirements of the University of Houston (and their intended major), and submit all official transcripts from previous colleges and universities.

Deadlines to apply