Department of Accountancy & Taxation
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Accounting
BBA in Accounting Overview
The BBA in Accounting program teaches graduates how to work with financial information and how to communicate this information ethically and concisely.
Students in this program may concentrate in the areas of internal auditing or oil & gas accounting, or they may accelerate their academic path through the Professional Program in Accountancy (PPA).
Studies in Accountancy & Taxation prepare students for measuring and analyzing the income, costs, sources and uses of funds of an organization on the basis of certain generally accepted principles. Such measurements and analyses are helpful to those directly responsible for attaining production, marketing and financial objectives.
The goals of the undergraduate program in accounting are to provide graduates with the ability to ...
- Record, analyze, and interpret financial and other information,
- Identify and diagnose accounting problems,
- Communicate business information in a clear and concise manner,
- Recognize ethical and regulatory dilemmas, and
- Demonstrate an understanding of accounting and financial concepts
Careers are available in corporate, non-profit and government organizations, as well as in the field of public accounting.
- Academic Research
- Master of Science in Accountancy (MSACCY)
- Certificate in Accountancy Program (CAP)
- Mission & Learning Goals
- Corporate Partners
- Student Life
- Internships & Careers