Deloitte Foundation Accounting Scholars Program
Apply to a scholarship that will cover 100% of your tuition and fees.
The Deloitte Foundation and Bauer’s Master of Science in Accountancy (MSACCY) program have collaborated to fund scholarships for up to ten outstanding incoming students who matriculate in Summer or Fall 2024 and complete degree requirements within 12 months.
Students selected for the Deloitte Foundation Accounting Scholars Program (DFASP) will receive full scholarships (excluding books, parking, and living expenses).
- Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident.
- Currently enrolled in a Historically Black College University (HBCU), Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI), or other accredited college or university in the United States.
- Pursuing an undergraduate baccalaureate degree in accounting from an accredited program, with all degree requirements to be completed no later than May 2024.
- Strong academic track record; minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA (on 4.0 scale).
- Have an interest in pursuing a career in public accounting and becoming a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), but not presently a CPA.
- Must be admitted to Bauer’s MSACCY program.
- Selected participants must matriculate to Bauer’s MSACCY program in Summer or Fall 2024.
- MSACCY program requirements must be completed within 12 months of starting the program.
- In the spirit of supporting applicants who are first-generation or economically underprivileged, applicants shall demonstrate a knowledge and appreciation for the challenges faced by members of such demographic groups in the field of public accountancy.
MSACCY Program Application Information
The MSACCY admissions application must be submitted, along with all application materials, no later than Monday, March 4, 2024.
A complete application must be received by the date indicated above and include all of the following items:
- Application for Graduate Studies
- Test Scores
- Résumé or Curriculum Vitae
- Goal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
Please note, there is a separate deadline for the scholarship application. See below for more information.
Scholarship Application Information
The DFASP application is available through the Department of Accountancy & Taxation’s Scholarship Application portal. Within the portal, there is a departmental scholarship application and the DFASP scholarship application.
If you wish to be considered for DFASP, please submit the DFASP scholarship application no later than Monday, April 1, 2024.
The committee will only review DFASP submissions for this scholarship opportunity. In evaluating each student’s application, in addition to an applicant’s “first generation” or economically disadvantaged status, the scholarship committee shall consider a student’s personal statement, academic work, campus activities, and community service relevant to the field of public accountancy.
The university shall consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, or other status where discrimination is prohibited or disfavored by law.
- The calculation of how much monies are needed to cover your tuition and fees will be made based upon the credit hours needed to complete your MSACCY degree requirements and the program you are matriculated into at the time of review (traditional in-person versus online UH Extend).
- For Deloitte Foundation Accounting Scholars who select the online UH Extend MSACCY program and choose to switch to the traditional (in-person) after being selected for the scholarship, please be aware that it will result in less than 100% coverage of tuition and fees.
- The scholarship does not cover mandatory tuition and fees for enrollment beyond the credit hours needed to complete your MSACCY degree requirements.
- Recipients must demonstrate good academic standing by obtaining a 3.5 cumulative GPA or higher in their graduate coursework at the end of each term and cannot receive an academic honesty sanction at University of Houston.
- If you term withdraw from your first semester, the scholarship will be withdrawn, and you forego the opportunity to have the scholarship renewed for the next term.
- Deloitte Foundation Accounting Scholars are required to meet with the Administrative Director of Accounting Programs before the start of their first semester and their academic advisor before enrolling in each term.
- Scholars must meet additional requirements while in the MSACCY program.
Have questions about the DFASP? Please review our FAQ webpage.
For additional questions regarding this scholarship opportunity, please e-mail Erica Casillas at firstname.lastname@example.org.